JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE: Security Officer – General PAY RANGE: Varies
JOB TYPE: Physical Security Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is under the direct supervision of the Lange Investigation and Consulting Service LLC Management Executive Team, or the Site Lead for the assigned shift. This position is responsible for Professional Security protection, safeguarding, safety, and security of assets, property, personnel, customers and all visitors, at various client locations and businesses. Perform all appropriate related and unrelated duties, as directed.
This is a physical security position
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: The primary duties of the position include: meeting the physical requirements of the job and the ability to work in the environmental conditions listed below to perform common security functions and duties.
Performing security patrols by company, personal or client vehicle and/or on foot; Protect property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, trespassing, fire and accidents; The observation and reporting of any unlawful activity; The prevention of theft or misappropriation of any goods, money or other items of value; The protection of individuals or property, including but not limited to proprietary information, from harm or misappropriation;
The control of access to premises being protected; Crowd control in public areas; Investigate and take the appropriate lawfully action as authorized by incidents, trespassing, suspicious activities, safety, and fire; Neutralize situations calmly with tact and common sense. Watch for safety and fire hazards and other security related situations;
Enforcing client’s policies and procedures; Provide any needed assistance to customers, employees, visitors, or the public; Perform requests by the client, within the scope of our duties or within reason; Serve as training officer to new security staff;
Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and inwritten form; Required documentation by writing reports; Perform other related duties as assigned by the Lange Investigation and Consulting Service LLC Management Team, or Site Lead;
Maintain the professional standards of Lange Investigation and Consulting Service LLC by following the policies and procedures of the company; Obey the laws of the state of Michigan
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Be at least 18 years of age. Must demonstrate good moral fitness and ethical standards; No disqualifying criminal background or convictions. Current and valid driver’s license in state of Michigan;
Meet minimum requirements set by insurer to drive a Company vehicle or have current insurance on personal vehicle; No moving traffic citations in the past 3 years; No at fault accidents in the past 3 years; Have not had driver’s licenses denied, suspended or revoked in the past 3 years; and No driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII) convictions in the past 3 years.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff, the client and the public, to understand and follow standard operating procedures, to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance, to write and investigate required reports; to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures;
Must be detailed oriented and have satisfactory literacy and writing, documentation, communications and interpersonal abilities; Be able to work alone, responsibly and without supervision;
Security/Law Enforcement experience desired and preferred; Prefer a good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in all environments and enforcement procedures and policies.
WORKING CONDITIONS: PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS: The Americans with Disability Act prohibits discrimination against a qualified individual with a disability. To be qualified for this position, an individual must meet the following standards and/or be able to perform the essential functions and activities with or without reasonable accommodation.
This is a physical security position. The ability to perform under the following environmental and/or physical conditions is central to the position.
1. Work is performed year-round, inside and outside buildings and/or vehicles with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations;
2. Shift work required, including day, swing, night, weekends and holidays all year-round;
3. Work alone in poorly lit areas all hours, including nights.
Physical: Since we are a private contract security service, we have many different types of work that can vary and change. Current clients and services provided can change rapidly.
Physical requirements can vary depending on the job assignment and work site. All officers can be assigned to a variety of different job assignments and work sites depending on current needs.
The following physical requirements apply to all the different types of physical security we provide:
1. Navigating distances and at times: Comfortably navigate a security round per hour. Rounds can range from a Distance of 1/8th of a mile to 1+ miles per hour; Hourly round times can range from 15 minutes to 50 minutes of physical patrol time around to protect various properties.
2. Navigating environments includes: a. Inside buildings; b. Outside in the elements and inclement weather conditions; c. Surfaces and environmental terrain can vary from (but not limited to);Carpet tile, wood, concrete, asphalt, grass, curbs, uneven gravel and dirt; Uneven ground surfaces; common at mill and/or construction work sites. Surfaces can be slippery with, water, ice, or snow in incline weather.
3. Maneuver safely up and down flights of stairs multiple times a round or shift.
Stairs can be inside or outside. Also to navigate up / down hilly terrain, over curbs and other obstacles.
4. Lift, carry or push weight in the following range: 5 to 25 pounds.
5. Continuously stand at an assigned post from 2 hours to 10 hours (with legal break times).
6. The essential sensory and communicative activities include: Seeing, Hearing, Speaking, Smelling, Feeling, Reading, Writing.
7. Driving positions require: a. Get in / out of a car up to 15+ times an hour; physical patrol up 50 minutes per hour b. Sit in a car from 1 hour to an entire shift
|File Size:||22 kb|